News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Coupe Deville Disc Brakes

Started by Shand McHale (CLC 19834), January 11, 2007, 09:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shand McHale (CLC 19834)

This may be taboo in this forum, but I was wondering if anyone had installed the Kanter, or other, disc brake upgrade kit on a 1959 Cadillac.  Looking for info on ease of install, part availability (down the road) and bang for your buck (kit costs $1,900).

Art Woody

Try http://www.nolimit.com TARGET=_blank>www.nolimit.com  They list a kit for 59-60 at $1275

TJ H 20664

Art Woody

I am truly sorry. The correct site is http://www.nolimit.net TARGET=_blank>www.nolimit.net That is .net not .com. I would not have purposely done that for anything in the world.

Shand

Thanks for the clarification.

I did not see a listing for 59-60 disc brake conversion.  Can you send a link to the specific page?

I did send them an email.

Art Woody

The brake kit is in their catalog that I just recieved last week. That is where I got the web address, but my eyes aint what they used to be. Who would have known. Just give them a call for info and a catalog, Im about afraid to try and type  a phone number. I have ordered parts from them , and they are top notch with service to match.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Question them about a disc brake setup that fits both the 59 and 60.  The 60s had different spindles, bearings, and brakes than the 59.  An incorrect assumption is often made that mechanically the 59s and 60s are the same, true in some regards, untrue in others, there were many differences.  

art woody

Thats a good thing about the conversion, bye-bye to the ball bearings. Needle bearings come in the disc rotors. I will email the page I scanned from the catalog to Shand or any one else that cares.