News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Location of P/W Circuit Breaker on a 69 SDV

Started by Bruce Reynolds # 18992, January 16, 2007, 07:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday all,

Would appreciate it if someone with a 69 Sedan deVille could please advise me of the actual location of the Location of Power Window Circuit Breaker in the Wiring of the above car.

I am trying to do a repair and the previous owner installed a separate Circuit Breaker near the Battery, and ran a separate feed all the way back through the firewall, door rubber casing and directly to the locking switch wire, and installed a fuse, so that if the fuse blows, then one has to remove the door panel to change the fuse.

This car is an older RHD conversion, and the wiring is a mess, plus, the Workshop Manual doesnt show a location, which I think is unusual.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Hi Bruve, I think its behind the LH kick panel. Its tucked in there so look carefully. Good Luck, Bob

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Bob,

Thanks for that.

Now, I have found a relay in that position, but on the other side of the car,as it is RHD, which the wiring diagram indicates is supposed to be in the system, which I understand would indicate that the Windows and Seats cannot be operated without the Ignition being turned on, but how far away from the Relay should I find the Circuit Breaker.

With this car, being a RHD conversion, they extended the wiring across to the Right Hand Pillar, and installed a non GM Relay, so I was wondering if the original Relay would have had the Circuit Breaker attached, or separate.  

The original wiring loom is in position from the Left side behind where the Dash Panel would have been originally, and I cant find a Circuit Breaker, which I would assume might have some sort of Fuseable Link as soon as it leaves the main power source to stop the car from catching fire in the event of a major short.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Hi Bruce, you said breaker & I read relay. I got out my 70 shop manual, & before I went BLIND looking at the wiring diagram, it looks the horn breaker doubles as the window breaker. Check it & let us know. Regards, Bob

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Bob,

Thanks for that.   I was trying to figure it our, and now I see by the Wiring Diagram that the Wiper CB is also the PW CB as you describe.

Now I just have to do more alterations to get it back to somewhere near original.

Now I just have to locate a correct Amperage Circuit Breaker to fit in the non-original Fuse Panel.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV