News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 cad 62

Started by Kent Thomas, January 23, 2007, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent Thomas

I am completing the body work on my projsct. I have not been able to select an exterior color. I have an original DuPont color chart,but the colors are not true any longer due to age. I would appreciate any pictures of a 1940 series 62 or 60 cadillac.I am a club member in Indy.
                           THANKS

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Hi Kent, from 70 miles north of you in Flora. Possibly the best thing to do is to select a color from the chart that you like, and then contact Color-ite. They have a nice website and purportedly have the truest to original colors available in either acrylic enamel or single stage urethene. They dont do base/clear coat anymore as it doesnt have the correct look. The LaSalle book give some intriguing names of colors in the 1940 Series 52 charts. There is also a guy in Speedway that is a long time 1940 Series 60S collector you might check with.
When he came up to see me, I asked if he had ever lived on W. Washington street. "No," he said. "That was my parents home."
Id go by every now and again when I was a teenager in Indy, and he had a couple of 1940 60S in the yard. He should be in the Directory. Id look, but I moved it upstairs this afternoon. OH, everyone, "GO COLTS!!!"

kent thomas

Barry
 Thanks for the info. Ill try to contact the guy in speedway.
 The COLOR-ITE idea is a good one.
                                        Kent