News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Talisman

Started by mk, January 29, 2007, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk

Hi
How rear is 1974 to 76 Talismans?(top of line?)When a talisman are for sale at ebay, it almost is "rear" in performance.

MK

mk

Hi
Sorry.I mean rare.

MK

Jack McClow CLC #15840

The Talisman option on the Fleetwood series was very rare.  The production numbers:  1974 - 1,898.  1975 - 1,238.  1976 - 1,200.  Only the 1974 model run had the bucket seat configuration in the rear of the car.  The option cost was expensive:  for 1974 it ran $1,800 for cloth and $2,450 for leather ....... as has been written, the Talisman option alone (in cloth) ran just under the cost of an entire Ford Pinto ...... not that the two compare all that well.  Yahoo! Groups has a dedicated site for Talisman owners ......... the Group is trying to round up every Talisman known to exist ....... so far, after several years of searching, they have located 32 cars from 1974, 11 cars from 1975, and 23 cars from 1976.  I stumbled across what had once been a beautiful Talisman with a sunroof in a junkyard in Georgia about two years ago, but it was probably too far gone to be rescued.

mk

Hi
Thank you:)I have a "near mint" 1974 Talisman.The only one in Norway.I had to learn as much as possible about this car. I have owned it for 2 year now.

MK

Matt V16

Aah the Talisman.... What an interior, otherwise its just another Fleetwood Brougham. Any 74/75/76 Fleetwood in good condition is something to hold onto if you have the space to park the rig. If you sit in a 76 Talisman and then sit in a 76 Brougham Delegance, you will find the Delegance interior to be softer with real pillows into the seats. The Talisman has a better grade of cloth, however, the Delegance interior really had the plushist seats on the market during the 70s and into the 80s with the Buick Park Ave, Nighty Eight Regency and the Imperial right up there too.  Note of interest.. Who started the loose pillow look interiors?  Not Cadillac. The new for 72 Oldsmobile Nighty Eight Regency.

Johnny#662

I think what was so unique about the 74 Talismans were the fact that here you had just about the biggest Cadillac ever produced, outside of their limos, and it was designed to carry only 4 passengers!  I might give you an argument about the Delegance interiors being more plush.  While they might have looked real comfy because of the added pillows to the seats, the Talisman seats were basically one big pillow, that surrounded you with comfort, rather then just the seating area.  Of course with either interior, you had about one of the most comfortable interiors available at the time.