News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

40 Caddy Interior fabric and carpet

Started by Joe Bento #20081, January 30, 2007, 02:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bento #20081

Howdy!

I believe that the fabric that was in my 1940 Series 72 was wool broadcloth (trim code 52 I believe).

But what about the carpet and trunk liner?  Were they the same material?  Different?  I believe that the interior carpet is wool, but it is a bit tough to tell.

What did yall use when restoring yours?  I am trying to stick with originality as best as my budget will allow.

Thanks!

joe

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Joe, I dont know if any of it is still around, but for 1941s, and possibly 1940s, Ron VanGelderen, when he was still President of the Carpet and Rug Institute, broke down an unfaded scrap of trunk material and had it re-woven, even to the correct colors and being a rectangle instead of a (nearly) square weave. I have also seen many limos that used material similar to the seats used. Any further help out there?

Joe bento #20081