News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ebay 62 Eldo Biarritz?

Started by Jim Garner CLC#23406, February 01, 2007, 05:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Garner CLC#23406

Item number 290075165037. Isnt this a 62 series about half dressed? Notice the trim above the rear bumper and the V on the trunk rather than the word ELDORADO. The interior side panels look like they are correct. Pretty color though.
Jim

FRANK #12944

Plus vin # is "62F....", Eldorado would be "62E...."
Incorrect rear panel grill.
Probably a regular convertible that someone pieced on Eldo bits.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

That "luvdg" again.  Im not surprised.  I am reporting him (Power Seller or no Power Seller) for YET ANOTHER fraudulent listing on eBay. I suggest other CLC members do the same.

BTW, the eBay item number is 180081143497, not 290075165037.

It would be good if one of you (Bruce?) could ask for a picture of the body tag.  I cant - "luvdg" and I we have been sworn "enemies" since the days of the "1959-1960" Cadillac "Motorama Special" convertible with TV in dash.

"Luvdg" says the body style is "6367"; however, considering the VIN, I suspect it reads "6267". It would be interesting to know also if the trim code number is followed by the letter "B", which would show that the car was ordered initially with the bucket seats.

I noticed, inter alia, these basic inconsistencies: (1) the VIN, (2) the incorrect/incomplete add-on "J" molding, (3)the "V" and crest trunk emblem, (4) the seat pattern (also not sure if the buckets are from a Cadillac), (5) the wheels, (6) the lower trunk panel, (7) the trunk lining. I imagine the mileage also is questionable.

Jim Garner

Thanks for correcting my mistake.
Jim

Jim Garner

Good work. He admits now that it is a 62 series, but the admission gets lost at the bottom of the listing. Someone could make a big mistake on this one. Buyer beware.
Jim

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Yann,

Looks like a good number of people beat me to it and it is now stated that it is a Series 62 Convertible, and the reserve has been lowered.   Still not met at $25,100 though.

But, you have to really love the yellow striped, convoluted top radiator hose.   That in itself would make it worthy of an extremely top price.

Bruce,
The Tassie devil(le),
60 CDV (will never use cheap convoluted hoses, except in a dire emergency)

It seems my complaint to eBay had an immediate effect. The Eldorado now has become a "Series 62" ...as if "Marv", the Cadillac EXDPERT on eBay, did not KNOW that in the first place !  He wrote this very genteel reply to my earlier, sarcastic, remarks [copied, below, after this eMail of Marvs]:

QUOTE:
Dear Yann;
I contacted the dealer [from] whom I bought this car [the alleged 1962 Eldorado] represented [to me] as an Eldorado and told him it is the opinion of many collectors that this is a Series 62...not an Eldorado. I will change the auction to note that the VIN is that of a series 62.
Sincerely, Dr. Marv Friedman
UNQOTE

About the "bizarre "1959-60" Cadillac convertible with TV in the dash, he boasted yesterday that he had sold it to a collector in Las Vegas for $250,000! I immediately sent this (sarcastic) reply:

If what you say is true (which I doubt, given your propensity for exaggeration, embroidrery and downright falsification of facts), this merely would prove the adage : "Theres one born every minute". I wonder if the guy you sold it to in Vegas is the same guy who put it on Colorado tags and listed it on eBay last fall for one quarter whayt he paid, asserting to me (and to others) that his was NOT the former "luvdg" car (as if there could be another car, just like yours, with TV in the dash and only 600 more miles on the clock!). Anyway, what struck me is the number of changes made since 2005 to this "UNIQUE 1959-Motorama-special-GM-experiment-in-design-from-Harley-Earls-own-skunk-works" (soft tonneau cover in lieu of Eldo hard boot, wire wheels, 1959 steering wheel, seat belts, newer floor mats, engine detailing). All very bizarre, if you ask me. As bizarre as your 1962 Eldorado with a VIN starting "62F..."
UNQUOTE

Totally unruffled, he replied:

Many auctions run on Ebay are fake and copies of real auction. The TV car has never been offered on EBay again or anywhere else by the owner [Well, Marv, how come I have PHOTOS of it, with Colorado tags, from an eBay auction run in summer 2006?]
Mr. Maurice has the TV car in his collection...I speak with him once a week [Im assuming Mr. Maurice is a "buddy" of Marvs and that, if questioned, doubtless he would vouch for Marvs story].
UNQOTE

I need to repeat until Im blue in the face: BUYER BEWARE ...of this vendor.

Jim Garner

The bid on this is up to $30,100 with over three days to go. The corrected info is out of sight near the bottom of the listing and the heading still says it is an Eldorado and rare. Some poor unsuspecting soul is going to be sick when when he realizes what he bought.
Jim

John CLC 22641

Jim: Change that "soul" to shill. You guys are great for unmasking this eBay fraud and if eBay was worth a damn it would hire you and others like you to keep it honest.