News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fender Skirts on my 39 Coupe

Started by mark maron, February 02, 2007, 12:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark maron

Ok, have mc calls book an the companion, no where do i see anything refereeing to fender skirts on the 39 coupe. I dont see options in any print...but i have them on my car and have also seen in pictures, I dont have running boards either.. Any one help me with this "option"
Mark

mark maron

Any one have any info on these for me?
mark

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Cadillac NEVER offered fender skirts in 39 or 40 . There were, however, aftermarket ones available. Bob

mark maron

interesting, Mine is now the 3rd car i have seen with skirts, is there any place to find out any more about them
mark

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Fender skirts were used a lot in the middle thirties, from such makes as Studebaker, Hudson, Nash, etc. This probably was a way to modernize their bodies. It was a time of transition. Cars quickly went from the 1933/34 boxy look to the semi-streamlined models of 1935-36. Dies were big enough now to stamp out a metal top as well.
From the pictures you shared of your car, the skirts have been on it for some time. Id leave them on and enjoy them. There is probably no place you can get further information about them other than comments like mine, which are, of course, opinions, rather than facts. Like Bob said, they were an after-market item that very likely the dealer put on the car.

mark maron

Quote from: Barry M. Wheeler #2189From the pictures you shared of your car, the skirts have been on it for some time. Id leave them on and enjoy them. There is probably no place you can get further information about them other than comments like mine, which are, of course, opinions, rather than facts. Like Bob said, they were an after-market item that very likely the dealer put on the car.

Very very helpful and i appreciate it greatly,,
Thanks
mark