News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Eldo Valve Cover Color

Started by Ian CLC 20080, February 06, 2007, 05:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian CLC 20080

Hi there,

A local member is doing a ground up, nut and bolt restoration of an 1955 Eldorado Biarritz.  He knows that the Air Cleaner is a gold color but is unsure of the correct paint for the valve covers.  Where they also gold, or where they blue, or blue with gold lettering of the script?

As usual, all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,  Ian.

Mike Josephic #3877

The valve cover colors are the same gold color as the air cleaner. The script is not colored any different -- the valve color is solid, plain gold.

By the way, the term Biarritz was not used until 1956,
when they introduced the two door hardtop version (called
the Seville) and the convertible was then called the
Biarritz to differentiate it from the coupe.

Mike

Ian CLC 20080

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  Much appreciated. You are absolutely right about the name - thatll teach me not to get my facts right before posting!  One learns something new everyday.

Regards,  Ian.

James Mundstock

You need to buy an Authenticity manual from the CLC. Look at this web sight to find the address to mail a check to. I just got mine about a month ago and it is a treasure trove of what should and should not be.

Bill Podany

I also strongly encourage you to purchase the Authenticity Manuals for the 54-55 Cadillacs.  If you are not a member of the CLC, please join, as it provides members with a roster of technical experts and other owners of the same model and year of your car.  55 Eldos just do not show up very often, and someday they will be worth big bucks.  Enjoy.