News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1975 Cadillac standup hood ornament

Started by Lars Langoy, February 07, 2007, 02:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars Langoy

Hi all

My 75 deVille sedan has the Fleetwood type of hood ornament.
In my 1975 Cadillac Salesman Merchandising Guide Data Book (looong name on that book):-, chapter Special Body Features, it seems like this was an option for the deVilles.
Is this correct, or do I misunderstand the book?

I read in the same book that the Eldorado, Talisman and Brougham
d`Elegance had them as standard, and that the deVille d`Elegance and Cabriolet options had the see through emblems as standard.

Regards
Lars

Jim Jordan CLC # 5374

Calais and DeVille models had the v and crest mounted above the grille on the front header panel of the hood.  On DeVille dElegance and Cabriolet (1/2 Vinyl roof) models, a see through stand up crest (no wreath) was standard with no v or crest on the front of the hood.  Fleetwood Brougham and Eldorado models got the stand up full color wreath and crest, but the Fleetwood 75 and commercial chassis had the standard Calais/DeVille type V and crest on the front of the hood.

The stand up ornaments of both styles were very popular and lots of them were added aftermarket or by dealers.