News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

cooling -water in Manifold

Started by Edwin, February 09, 2007, 01:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwin

I took off carb. for cleaning and some adjustments and now i see there is a lot of cooling-water on the right side in the manifold...
btw its a cadillac sedan deville 1963
What causes this problem ???
Please help...

Edwin

bill henry

i would suspect a bad intake gasket or a cracked manifold

Edwin

Edwin

I found it (partially):
A water-hose was put on the valve for  burned air that goes right under the carb, but where should stay this waterhose now ???
It comes directly via a splitter in the mainhose from the radiator

Jim Eccleston CLC 16079

Yikes!!!
I dont think that a water hose is supposed to connect to this.
The two heater hoses run from the water pump , under the intake manifold, to the rear of the engine, then turn and attach to the heater core, through the firewall.
If your car has one of the early Positive Crankcase Ventilation systems, a flexible rubber hose will connect the metal tube that draws fumes from a hole in the lifter valley cover to the inlet nipple that extends outward from the carburetor spacer. I can only think (and hope) that someone mistakenly attached a water hose to the carb spacer.
Does this engine even run? There should be NO connection for water to flow into the intake manifold. This is a recipe for hydraulic lock and engine destruction. Maybe there is a replacement water pump, with no heater hose outlets, and this split hose should connect to the heater core.