Author Topic: Why I joined the CLC  (Read 1085 times)

Joe Bento #20081

Why I joined the CLC
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:02:40 PM »
Mainly, because I am restoring a 1940 Cadillac Series 72 (7223) and I need HELP!!!

Tonight, I was removing the last of the switches on my dashboard prepping it to be sent out for refinishing.  After examining the Light switch, radio antenna switch, and windshield wipper switch, I was at a loss as to how to remove them.

So I fired off an e-mail to Barry Wheeler asking how it was done (since he provided me the source for the dash refinishing, I figured he had done the same removals).  As it turned out, he and I dont have exactly the same year model cars, so he referred me to Bruce Berghoff.

I phoned Bruce, and with the dash in front of me, he patiently walked me through the process of removing the switches in question.

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Thanks" to both Barry and Bruce for helping me with this project.  In addition, I want to also say "Thanks" to every other member who has helped (and hopefully will continue to) in what, to date, has been a 5 year labor of love.  There are too many of you to name by name, but yall know who you are.

Many thanks for helping me with a project I could not do myself.

Joe

mark maron #23573

Re: Why I joined the CLC
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 02:41:55 PM »
Having just joined i did for the same reason, just getting a 39 lasalle and so far the effort that members here have inputted is amazing... A big thanks and this is just the begining
mark

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

All Cads