News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Why I joined the CLC

Started by Joe Bento #20081, February 10, 2007, 11:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bento #20081

Mainly, because I am restoring a 1940 Cadillac Series 72 (7223) and I need HELP!!!

Tonight, I was removing the last of the switches on my dashboard prepping it to be sent out for refinishing.  After examining the Light switch, radio antenna switch, and windshield wipper switch, I was at a loss as to how to remove them.

So I fired off an e-mail to Barry Wheeler asking how it was done (since he provided me the source for the dash refinishing, I figured he had done the same removals).  As it turned out, he and I dont have exactly the same year model cars, so he referred me to Bruce Berghoff.

I phoned Bruce, and with the dash in front of me, he patiently walked me through the process of removing the switches in question.

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Thanks" to both Barry and Bruce for helping me with this project.  In addition, I want to also say "Thanks" to every other member who has helped (and hopefully will continue to) in what, to date, has been a 5 year labor of love.  There are too many of you to name by name, but yall know who you are.

Many thanks for helping me with a project I could not do myself.

Joe

mark maron #23573

Having just joined i did for the same reason, just getting a 39 lasalle and so far the effort that members here have inputted is amazing... A big thanks and this is just the begining
mark