News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac: Resurgent, Youthful, Edgy

Started by Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397, February 12, 2007, 02:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I was reading an article by Roland Jones, Business Editor of MSNBC, who was talking about the fortunes of different makes of cars.  He quotes Jack Nerad, Executive Market Analyst for Kelley Blue Book, and I found his observations interesting and they show that the management and employees of Cadillac Motor Car Division have done a great job in the past few years: "Older nameplates like Buick, Pontiac, and Mercury are all struggling.  But its interesting because a few years ago you would have added Cadillac to that list of struggling brands and now it is resurgent.  It has shown that a brand that is on its last legs (I dont agree that the situation was ever that dire)can find a new market given the right product and the right marketing strategy.  Thanks to the CTS, Cadillac has a younger market; it has become youthful and edgy.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Glad to see the positive comments for Cadillac Motor Car Division. Remember, "whats good for Cadillac, is good for G.M." Older models and newer models, Cadillac is still my favorite automobile brand!