News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1951 series 75 Rear 1/4s

Started by Justin Vierling, February 14, 2007, 09:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Vierling

Hello to all again... I posted this ? a few weeks ago and had a few replies... The answer seems to still be out there I hope.. I have a 1951 75 limo.. The rear 1/4s are junk and I am looking for a sound answer on what will fit this car.. I have been told that a coupe was the same but turns out they are not.. The car has the short skirts... Has anyone worked on or know for sure what will fit on the car? Thanks  Justin

Paul W Allen CLC # 20193

Justin,

The only other model for the 50-53 cars that takes the short skirts, is the Model 62 4 Door Sedan. I would guess that the rear quarters would fit your 75 Series. I will check the Master Parts Book today and see if it is so.

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Justin Vierling

Thanks Paul however I think the 1/4s on the 4 door run into the back door? My 1/4s are indpen like a coupe... let me know what you find out please... Thanks Justin

Paul W Allen CLC #20193

Justin,

I never noticed that before, but yes, after looking in Yanns Cadillac Database, it looks like the 75 Series has unique rear quarters. Those are going to be tough to find. Maybe find a pair for a coupe and cut them down through the skirt area so the short skirts will fit? Is there anything at all left of yours? Good Luck with it.

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Paul W Allen CLC#20193

Justin,

I just confirmed that in the parts book. Rear 1/4s or fenders as Cadillac lists them, for 51-53 75 Series. Part#350 8922 right and #350 8921 left. $69.15 each, in 1959 dollars!

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Justin Vierling

I will take 2 sets please Paul.... LOL  Money order ok with you? I know these are getting to be a pain in my rear.. Been looking for many years for a set. Thanks For the info