News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carpet underlayment

Started by Greg McDonnell CLC #20841, February 10, 2007, 07:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg McDonnell CLC #20841

I am considering using a product on a couple of my collector cars (72 Fleetwood and 63 Thunderbird Landau) that has been recommended to me.  It is an underlayment that is supposed to be great at deadening road noise and vibrations as well as blocking heat from the engine compartment and transmission tunnel.  It is called Dynamat XTREME.  Has anyone ever used it and are you satisfied with the results?  It isnt inexpensive and Id hate to invest in the stuff only to be disappointed later.  

Thanks for any input and/or advice!

Greg

Russ Hobden #1235

Jay Leno uses it when restoring his cars and highly recommends it.  You can see it in use if you go to jaylenosgarage.com and click on the episode that deals with it.  Not sure which one and you might have to watch several to find it but I think it has Dynamat in its topical description.  Its a good web site but you might have to watch a 30 second Cadillac commercial before each and every 1 or 2 minute clip.  That gets kinda boring.  Russ Hobden #1235

Diego Montefusco

Quote from: Greg McDonnell  CLC #20841It is called Dynamat XTREME.  Has anyone ever used it and are you satisfied with the results?  It isnt inexpensive and Id hate to invest in the stuff only to be disappointed later.

I used it in my 1962 Jaguar XKE and I think its very good. not inexpensive at all! :-)

diego

Greg McDonnell

A fellow from the Thunderbird forum posted a response to my question stating he used a competitors product, B-quiet Ultimate, on his 62 Roadster and was extremely pleased.  Heres the companys website:  http://www.b-quiet.com/index.html TARGET=_blank>http://www.b-quiet.com/index.html I checked them out, as well as called and asked some very direct questions regarding their product vs Dynamat.  I particularly liked the testimonials they provide.  Im going to give the B-quiet product a try.  At this juncture, I only have the one fellow from the Thunderbird forum and the testimonials to go on.  Seems like a very similar product but MUCH more affordable!

Will let you know the results!

Greg