News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Luvdg

Started by Geoff Newcombe #4719, February 19, 2007, 01:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Morris

But including the name "Eldorado" in the title of a 47 Caddy is deceptive and misleading, and is in fact against ebay rules. Its like those people selling a Mopar but including 5 different makes in the title to get people NOT looking for a mopar directed to their auctions. Very irritating.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

"But including the name "Eldorado" in the title of a 47 Caddy is deceptive and misleading ......"

Ah yes, BUT, were talking about LUVDG here!!

Johnny #662

Quote from: Geoff Newcombe #4719"But including the name "Eldorado" in the title of a 47 Caddy is deceptive and misleading ......"

Ah yes, BUT, were talking about LUVDG here!!

I dont care if its Ludwig van Beethoven, deception in deception,

Dave

This listing (290085420971) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

You and John M. are absolutely correct ---- guess my small attempt at humor failed.  My point was, what else would you expect from luvdg  ?!?!?!

Larry

Is the woodgraining job really as bad as it appears on the photos? If so, why would someone do that when everything else looks so nice?

Johnny #662

Quote from: Geoff Newcombe #4719You and John M. are absolutely correct ---- guess my small attempt at humor failed.  My point was, what else would you expect from luvdg  ?!?!?!

A big problem with message boards, is sometimes, a posters emotional intent is sometimes misunderstood.  I think such is the case here.  I thought that this LUVDG was sort of getting "a pass", with his ad.  I was not familiar with LUVDG and didnt know he had a reputation for the absurd.

Don Boshara #594

What did he use to clean the broom after that woodgraining job?

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

While we are at it, is the car mint green or white/gray?  Is the interior dark tan or a lighter blue gray?  And the engine, while really nice, is not the original Cadillac khaki green.  I am sure if we probe further, we can find more.

The wood grain on my 47s dash and doors was not too much better, but it was a little darker (which is wrong for Oriental Mahogany).  Still it is a nice job.  

Not the prices worth however... a little research would have gone a long way. Paint, and material in their correct form would not have added to the cost of restoration that much if at all.  

At least it is more along the original lines than some, which is where much of this is going.  Restoration is giving way to reconstruction or repair and modified to customized.