News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My 56 Fleetwood resto w/pics*

Started by Lou CLC 19028, February 23, 2007, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou CLC 19028

Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to share my latest project with all of you. Click on the link below to check her out.

http://www.lidreamboats.org/lou1956fleetwood.html TARGET=_blank>http://www.lidreamboats.org/lou1956fleetwood.html

"Daisy" should be ready by late spring
Lou

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

Nice job, Lou!  Daisy is a beauty and will be the hit at the Catillion.  

Congratulations!!

You have to love that beautiful big 56!!  Hoorah!  :-)

But I have to admit I am biased.  <Grin>

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Lou,

Thats a beauty!  Im jealous.

68 & 77 Eldorados

Paul W Allen CLC#20193

Lou,

Thanks for sharing that with us! One word..... NICE!!!!

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Morgan Murphy, No. 17409

Lou,

Wish I had your polishing skills.  Man, you made that stuff clean up like new!  How did you get the engine compartment so clean?  Did you pull the motor?

Morgan

Dick Heller

Beautiful job, how many hours do you have invested?

Dick

Lou CLC19028

Hi Morgan,

My polishing skills were put to the test on this Caddy. Navigating over all of the curves and valleys with my polisher was nerve racking. Thanks for the compliment!
I didnt have to pull the engine. Whom ever painted the car prior to my ownership really did an outstanding job. The door jambs & under-hood areas were painted really well. So it didnt take more than a light polish to bring up a luster. The engine it self required more effort on my part. I removed all of the bolt on parts(gen,oil canister, etc) and refinished all of them. The engine block was painted in the car with POR15 engine enamel. The rest of the engine compartment was a lot of elbow grease.    

Regards,
Lou

Lou CLC19028

Dick,

Many many hours working on her. Hard to say for sure how many. I do recall polishing the paint took a full weekend. I learned not to count the hours from some of my previous restorations. My wife would definitely use that information against me!!  LOL

Regards Lou

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Ah ha.   A true restorer.

Once one starts counting hours, one gets bored, and isnt concentrating in the tasks at hand.   It is time to stop, have a re-think, and start again.

The only time I count hours is if I am getting paid to do the job.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

P.S.   Looking good Lou.