News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1931 LaSalle Coupe Door Sills

Started by Steve Hammatt, February 26, 2007, 11:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Hammatt

Can anyone confirm if the 1931 LaSalle 2-Passenger Coupe, Style 31-658 shared the same door sill plate as the 1931 2-dr Convertible Cabriolet with Rumble Seat?  Im suspecting this convertible is Style 31-668.  It appears that the length of the sill plate is approx. 31-7/8".  Super thanks for any assistance.
gsteve@hammatt.com
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

Paul Ayres #5640

Steve - The Master Parts Book says that 31-658 Jobs had Part Numbers 442335/6 R/L before Body #251 and 4001508/9 after Body #250.  The convertibles 31-668 used Part Numbers 4402339/40 R/L, so the part numbers do not match.  Beyond that, I cannot help.  Even if the sills are the same length, the end treatments may well be different to accomodate different windcord designs on the coupe and convertible.  Does anyone have one of each to compare them?  Paul Ayres

Wayne

Paul,
 Where did you find that in the Master Parts Book? I looked all over in my book and find a part listings of #F-1244, F-1245 and a couple others for models 345BC  355BC  370BC  452B. Could be a differance in publishing dates. I sometimes have trouble figuring out the part name of a 75 year old part. What page did you get the part #s from?
Wayne

Steve Hammatt

Paul
Its a small world!  I didnt know Id find you here with all the new Cadillac/LaSalle information.  Im trying to help a friend (he owns a beautiful 14 Touring) that is working on a 1931 LaSalle Coupe.  What would be best is closeup photos of both models, the coupe and the convertible cabriolet.  Theres a source for the convertible cabriolet door sills but I suspect that the coupe may be different.  Any help would be great!  Thanks.