News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

39 cadillac 6119 speedo glass

Started by myren kohlhorst 17794, February 27, 2007, 09:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myren kohlhorst 17794

HELPHELPHELP
The numbers have disapered off my glass for my speedo. Ive seen repo. glasses on e-bay but didnt think mine was that bad. Well after sitting in a ziplock for a couple of years while the rest of the car was in rework they have left to the bottom of the bag. Dose any one know who sells them or where I can find one?????? Thanks
Myren

JIM CLC # 15000

02-27-07
Myren, try "RUB-OFF" numbers. any good stationary store should have them. If you have a steady hand you should be able to put the numbers on the glass. Your glass should have an "out-line" of the numbers. Take the glass with you so you can/will get the right size and font. Do one number at a time and dont clean off the old number untill you are ready to put on the new. HTH
Good Luck,JIM

Ian CLC 20080

You could try this guy.  I bought some of his stuff for my 1940 Coupe off Ebay and its very nice. He also sells glass for the clock for your year. This advert is from  Hemmings.

Richard C Young
332 Devon Dr
San Rafael, CA 94903
415-472-5126

Mail order only. Furnishing dash glass and metal instrument dial restoration for over 18 years. Dash glass silkscreened (numbers on glass) for speedometers, clocks and radios. In-stock dash glass for over 200 cars in the 1930s, 1940s and early 1950s. Authentic metal dial restoration (numbers on metal). Our process is appropriate for show cars or cars of value.

HTH.  Regards,  Ian.

myren kohlhorst 17794

Thanks to all that replyed. Rich Young was the place to buy the glass I needed. Perfect reproduction. And shipped to my door in 2 days.
Myren