News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

RODENTS IN MY SPEEDO CABLE!!!!

Started by Cory Evans, March 02, 2007, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory Evans

Ive got a 71 Fleetwood and the speedo cable has started squeaking like there are squirels fighting in my dash!!!  I disconnected the cable from the head assembly so I could determine where the noise was coming from. Its defintely the cable.

I tried graphite powder.... didnt make a difference

I tried Slick 50 spray..... made a VERY, VERY miniscule difference

Do any of you have any suggestions???  Its driving me CRAZY!!!!  (which is already a short trip!) Hahahahahahaha

I want to enjoy my baby this weekend!!!!

Thanks all!!!!!!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Cory,

If the spray doesnt fix it, then I am afraid that you will have to look for either a nearly broken inner or outer cable.

You can check the inner by pulling the cable off the back of the speedo and pulling it inner out, and if that is okay, then it is most likely the outer that might be crimping.   Check the condition of the inner for rub marks.   (it cant come out from the Trans end)

As you are re-installing it, you will have to give it a bit of a trist so it registers inside the square of the Speedo Driven gear in the Transmission.

NOTE:   Make sure you have rags handy so you dont get the greasy cable on your upholstery.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV