News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

paint

Started by G.Lucas, March 05, 2007, 07:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Lucas

Hello,I have my car in to be refurbished. The interior parts were painted and I was asked to p/u the parts, so they would not get lost. The newly painted parts seem to have a lot of dust particles in them.I was told that they would be buffed out and it was no problem.My question is,is this nornal? No spray both was used for painting.If the parts are buffed out, wont this thin out the paint thats been applied? Please advise. I have already said that this is not acceptable o me. Thanks, G.L.

Xris Laggan

Dust particles are par for the course if you dont have,(or use)a quality booth.Usually you would apply enough paint to allow for buffing.I presume two pack or acrylic,either will buff up like a mirror assuming enough paint and care is taken.Should be fine as long as its just dust. Just let him know you want to look at the parts after they have been buffed and polished before they are fitted, just in case there are any noticeble bits of crap that your not happy with.(will stand out more in straight colours than metallics or pearls) A lot easier to redo if necessary.Everyone will be happier that way.
   The amount that you are paying will effect how much time and care is put in to the job .Sometimes a car gets underquoted ,  some guys will wear the loss and do the right thing for all concerned.Others may cut corners to try and get out from under.I assume its a quality shop, if so, as long as you were both on the same page at the time of quoting you should be fine.
    Xris