News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1947 Series 62 coupe interior

Started by Ned Wright 14872, March 12, 2007, 06:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Wright 14872

Would the leather and cloth interior for the convertible have been available on the coupe?  In 1947 could you order such an interior?  My convertible had the all leather interior and I have never seen the leather and cloth.  Thank you.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Generally, the demand was such for cars back then that they came the way they were produced. In fact, even if you had never owned a convertible in your life, and thats what came up with your name on it, thats what you got.

Bill Ingler CLC 7799

Hi Ned- All my books show that the convert in 46-47 was offered with only an option of 2 interiors, all Bedford cord or Bedford cord and leather.I have seen two out here in Phoenix with only the Bedford cord interior. One 47 and a 46 which is now for sale.  The all leather interior for the convert was not offered I believe until 48. Leather was still scarse in 46-47 so the all leather interiors you see on 46-47 are not correct. As far as leather and cloth interior for a 62 series coupe I don`t show it in any of my books but anything is possible.

Ned Wright

Thanks Bill  My coupe does not have the best interior.  I have head that there was an option on the conv which had a leather bolster and cloth centers on the front and cloth backs. My conv had Jenkins seats with leather fronts and cloth backs. We just returned from the Amelis Island show and now I am thinking more cars than fishing. The coupe is finished but we are in Naples.  Ned