News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

66 Ignition Switch Wiring HELP!!

Started by John Morris., March 13, 2007, 01:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Morris.

Good morning to all. I want to start a 66 429 motor that looks preserved in time. Oddly, the ignition switch did not plug into a pigtail but each wire was slid onto the switch individually. I accidentally pulled the switch off the wires. They are red, pink, purple, and brown. The switch tabs say ign, sol, acc, and bat. Does anyone know which color wire goes to which tab on the switch? Many thanks in advance.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

John,

My wiring diagram has tiny blurred printing, but here it goes:

Red:  Goes to the positive side of the solenoid  It connects to the same terminal as the positive from the battery. There is an earlier branch to the fuse block.
Pink: Branches to the fuse block and then becomes the orange and white resistance wire to the positive side of the coil.
Purple:  Goes through the neutral safety switch to the solenoid field.
Brown: Goes to the fuse block for the accesories.

It’s not the exact terminology of your coupling and the diagram is very hard to read, so be extra careful with the connections.

HTH,
Ralph

John Morris.

Thanks Ralph, that did the job. I owe you one.