News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 engine head gaskets

Started by michel mathieu, March 15, 2007, 09:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michel mathieu

Hi gentleman, I am replacing the head gaskets on my new rebuild engine, I read in the shop manual it is recommanded to use a (Perfect Seal Gasket Paste) to you know where can I by this paste to day. Napa. Carquest, etc... Number of part, I appreciate. Thanks folks.Michel. CLC 20339    

Mike Simmons (938)

Michel- Many years ago (maybe 50???) Hot Rod magazine suggested using any silver (aluminum) metallic paint from a spray can. Spray both sides of the gasket and after a few minutes, install it  and the head. Torque it as you normally would. This is probably not necessary with Fel-Pro Blue gaskets, but works with all other styles.
Mike

Harry Scott

I have used Permatex High Tack (maybe hi tac). It comes in a spray can and gives a good seal. You can get it at most any auto part store. It is also easy to remove is you need to take the heads off.

michel mathieu