News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 eldorado

Started by Joseph Lettieri, March 19, 2007, 08:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph Lettieri

Just finishing of a complete exterior resto. Wanted to know if a body pin stripe was a factory option? Thank you! Joe(soon to be Cadillac Joe)

Tom Hall 7485

From the 1976 Salesmans Merchandising Guide:

The De Ville dElegance and Eldorado styling themes are enhanced by dual paint stripes.  Dual Eldorado accent stripes are located next to the upper and lower crease lines of the beveled edges of the hood. The upper stripes end at the hood rear edge. The lower stripes extend all the way back to the rear edge of the door....  The accent stripes are available in eight colors... The owner selects...at no extra charge....  He can also delete the accent stripes if he desires.  

As I recall, these were good, durable stripes that went to within maybe a half inch of the panels edge. Theres a blue thats close to the color of the engine.  Or, how about orange for a Calumet Cream car?

Sorry, I dont see the width measurements. The upper stripe sample is a hair more than 2 mm and the lower stripe is maybe 3/4 of 1 mm.

Joseph Lettieri

Thank you for the info.  Much appreciated and helpful.

Lars Kneller 8246

The accent stripes could have been left off if the ordering customer requested it.

Warren Rauch

If you do try to pin stripe this car, there was a Round table program from May 1971 . 1971 Eldorado Accent Striping  if youre in the Buffalo,N Y area ,I could show it to you. But , there is a booklet that shows most of it. They use a magnetic guide and a striping tool that rides on it.Warren