News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 cadillac light reminder buzzer?

Started by EV MARABIAN, March 25, 2007, 07:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EV MARABIAN

-Does anyone know if in 76 a buzzer was standard to remind someone they had left their lights on.  If so, then my just doesnt work or maybe it never had one from the factory.  Id be quite surprised if it wasnt standard from the factory.  I would appreciate it if anyone has any knowledge about this.  The owners manual doesnt address this point.  Thanks!

Dave # 18575

I have a 75 Eldorado Convt.  The car does have a buzzer to remind you the lights are on.  I would guess that this was standard on all cadillacs as my 73 fleetwood 75 also had it.

Dave

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

My 1971 Eldorado does not have a headlamps on warning buzzer, and it has neither Twilight Sentinel nor Guide Matic Headlamp options. My 1974 and 1977 Fleetwoods had the headlamps on warning Buzzer, but both cars had Twilight Sentinel and Guide Matic Headlamp options. It is my understanding that the headlamps on warning buzzer (when drivers door is opened) was only fitted on the cars equipped by the factory with the Twilight Sentinel option. Its too bad, as it should have been standard regardless of the headlamp options.

EV MARABIAN

Dave!  Did your 75 convertible have any of the two options that Rich Sullivan mentioned in his response.  These options were Twilight Sentinel or Guide-matic headlamp control?   I would be interested to know if this was the only time this headlight buzzer was installed.

Dave #18575

Yes, my 75 has the setinel option. As for the 73 I mentioned, I sold that car in 2000 and now I am unsure about it.  Interesting that the cars with the automatic headlights would have a buzzer, but the ones with manual operation do not.  

Dave