News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Series 62 value help

Started by Will Davenport, March 25, 2007, 08:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Davenport

I am looking at buying a 56 Series 62 4 door and need help with a fair price.  Very clean original car but for paint.  95,000 miles.  No rust evident, good driving condition.  Black w blue/white interior - interior is original but showing wear.  Power steering, power brakes, power windows & seat.  Engine recently rebuilt.  Auto dimmer, correct radio.  Any help is very much appreciated - Will

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

Hi Will!

All I can say is that I prefer the series 62 sedan over the others.  I just like them.
I got mine, without options except Wonderbarr radio, fog lamps and power antenna in the same condition, worn but excellent driver (second paint job is OK but not original colors)  for around $9K.  Having researched these cars especially, I would say a car in number 3 or even 2 condition is worth between $8 and 11K.

First sedans are always less valuable than coupes.  
Second, the 1956 series 62 was the most popular Cadillac of that year and sold something like 76,000 units, if I recall right.
Third, while these years are getting more popular, the price is still hanging around the $10k mark from what I can see scanning prices over a year or so.  So their popularity is lower. Also the less options, the less interest.  I have a 6219 fully loaded but prefer the roll up windows and no A/C.  I just wanted a good, solid, unique sedan.  Not many are that interested in that. LOL

Hope that helps.  I could quote Blue and Yellow books but they are online and do not seem to effect one on one pricing as much as they do dealers.  Stay away from dealers...  I like dealing with people, especially those who love their cars.  Price will often take a hit because the owner wants someone who will love their car as they did too.

Will Davenport

Thanks so much for the guidance and I agree that the body style on that big 4 door is fabulous.  I was guessing in the 8 - 10,000 range for a solid driver, so well see where it goes from here.  If I do work out a deal with the seller Ill be joining the club for a good support group - Will

Andrew Straw 21467

I have a 56 Coupe myself.  For a 4-door, I wouldnt expect to go over $10,000 for a very nice driver unless there was something extraordinary about it (like re-done chrome, first class re-paint, or new interior).  There seem to be plenty of them out there, so suggest you hold out for a no-rust, no-bondo body.

Andrew