News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Appliance Wheels on Eldorado, tire questions.

Started by Ross DeVore, March 26, 2007, 10:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross DeVore

I have a set of Appliance rims on my 76 Eldorado. I currently run P235/75-R15 on them but for clearance I have to have the suspension adjusted to its highest setting. Anyone running these rims with different tires? Would like to lower the car back down if a different tire would work well.

George Woodford clc21025

The tire size you mention is the tire size that replaced the 78 Series.  The diameter for the 75 Series is slightly less.  The rim width will change the tire shape.  What is the appliance rim width?

Ross DeVore

The rims size is 15 by 7, the stock metal rims are 15 by 6. Western aftermarket rims for these cars are 15 by 6.

George Woodford clc21025

With 15x7 rims, you would have less of a peak in the center of the tire with more body on the sidewalls.  You should not have a problem with the size tire you indicate with the stock rim, and I would think so with a 15x7 rim. I have not heard of any problems using the specific applicance rims of the era on late 70s Eldorados.  There may be something particular with the brand of appliance rims you acquired.  For an alternate tire size, I do not know what you could try that would solve your problem.