News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Optima 6v battery

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, March 29, 2007, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Maltby 4194

I stopped by the Optima booth at the goodguys meet recently. They recommend a 2 HOUR HOT CHARGE @ with a 10 amp 6v charger with a new battery, then @ 2 amps to keep it up. Retail price is over $150. 3 years ago I paid $99 at an interstate battery distributor. You can buy a Hirst battery box to hide the Optima in...Slick.

Jeffo

49er chapter :<)

Doug Houston

Last year, about this time, I bought a 6 Jolt Optima for $120.00 at the Interstate distributor in Troy, Mich.

When the guy was doing my 41 Convertible coupe last year, he made a hold-down frame for the top of the Optima for it to set in the new sainless battery box I had made. The thing looks like it was made for the optima.

John Washburn

Jeff and Doug,

Others are now making the same type batteries, but not sure if they make them in 6 Volt (6 Jolt to Doug)? Anyone found/tried other manufacturers?

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Jeff Maltby 4194

Folks. Ive just been informed that Antique Auto Battery (330-425-2395) has Optima batterys permanently installed in a repo oem Delco G2 case, with correct graphics and embossing on them for $280.

Sounds rather interesting for the purists.

Jeffo 49er chapter :<)

Doug Houston

Well, Im one of the first to think that Optima batteries are good, but if I were that hungry for judging points, Id still have to a lot of soul searching to spend another $160.00 for the battery to look like the original Delco battery.  Now, I wonder how many of us could tell just what the original Delco looked like for, say, a 41 car?      I could.  Who else????

John Washburn

Doug,

Jeff and I went to the same high school, a few years apart and I know that spending money for this type battery is just a drop in the bucket for this youngster.

I of course, living hand to mouth, will have to pass on this battery.

Oh, which leg should I be careful of?

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Doug Houston

Jeff Maltby 4194