News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Seville interior color question

Started by mark tyra, April 05, 2007, 12:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark tyra

I also posted this question in the techical forum, sorry about the duplication... I am just a little presssed for time. Here is a Easy Question for you Guys.

I am looking at an 85 Seville on the internet. It is a White car with a "Maroon" interior. I know what a 1982 Seville with  a Maroon interior looks like because I have owned one. Is the 85 Seville Maroon the same as the 82 Seville Maroon interior. I think that they are differant. I am afraid that the 85 Seville Maroon has a purple or Plum color to it. I hope I am wrong. Pleasae let me know.
Thanks
Mark

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I know that the only red interior color in the 84 Seville (either for the entire interior or for one of the instrument panel/carpet colors with the white interior) was a color that I would not in any way call maroon and Cadillac just called red. It was about what would come to most peoples minds when they thought of red leather. I still have the window sticker from my 76 Cutlass and Oldsmobile that year called the identical or very similar interior color in it Cranberry. I am pretty sure it didnt change for 85.

Johnny#662

Quote from: mark tyraI also posted this question in the techical forum, sorry about the duplication... I am just a little presssed for time. Here is a Easy Question for you Guys.

I am looking at an 85 Seville on the internet. It is a White car with a "Maroon" interior. I know what a 1982 Seville with  a Maroon interior looks like because I have owned one. Is the 85 Seville Maroon the same as the 82 Seville Maroon interior. I think that they are differant. I am afraid that the 85 Seville Maroon has a purple or Plum color to it. I hope I am wrong. Pleasae let me know.
Thanks
Mark

You didnt specify leather or cloth interiors.  I assume you mean leather, as most Cadillacs had leather.  I have a 1985 dealers merchandising portfolio, and this is the information under the Eldorado~Seville tab:

Interior Leather Selections

72-Dark Carmine (Red)
79-Dark Claret (Maroon)

Interior Cloth Selections (for Sevilles)

Heather

79-Dark Claret

*note, no red cloth interiors for Seville.

I have a 85 Eldorado with the 79-Dark Claret cloth interior, and I dont see purple or plum tinge.  There is a picture of the leather 79-Dark Claret, and it does appear to have a purple tinge.  Keep in mind that the color is "Dark Claret" and not "Maroon", and since a claret is a wine, the color does have sort of purple overtones.

mark tyra

Thank Guys for supplying me with the interior color information. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions.
Mark