News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57-58 Brougham ID on parts?

Started by Shane, April 13, 2007, 01:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

I recently uncovered some 1957-58 Eldorado Brougham parts and was wondering if there is a way to figure which car they came from? I dont know enough about the Broughams. I havent bought them yet partly because I dont own a Brougham (yet!).
Any clues? Special casting numbers etc. I know its along shot but thought I might be able to help Yann with the Brougham surivior list at the very least.
Thanks guys.

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

Shane, some trim parts have the body number written with a yellow marker on a hidden place, like door trim panels or similar parts. On chrome trim, there are no indications. As I had to buy some parts to complete my own 57 Brougham, the parts I installed were not different than the parts I had to discard.

Shane

ah..thanks Roger. Makes sense. They would be just another production item I guess.
Ill have go thru them and see what I can see! I really love that fact theat Yann put up the body numbers. Amazing what is left and yet to be found!

wm link

You also might be able to figure it out, or narrow it down, if you know the exterior color or interior colors and materials.

Shane

Well I found one alright and its not on the list! More details to come.