News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Eldo plaques

Started by Matt, April 15, 2007, 06:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

In my convertible 1976 Eldo I have two small gold engraved plaques on the passenger side dash. The first one says (John “Dee” Destefano Official 1978 Driver Miss America pageant) the second says (Lillian “Dee” Destefano Catan Catawba Beach Mays Landing N.J.) The plaques have been there for years. Any ideas if this car has been to the 1978 Miss America pageant its white with white interior with red piping. The car is not a Bicentennial edition for sure as I already checked the serial number.

Richard Sills - CLC #936

There is a Miss America organization which may still be located in Atlantic City, N.J., even though I believe the annual pageant has been moved to Las Vegas.  They should be able to verify the names of the participants and may even have photographs of the 1978 parade in their archives.  

You may still be able to contact the persons whose names appear on the plaques, since you have a city name as well as the individual names.

Richard Pope