News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Theres a "contract" on me

Started by Yann Saunders, CLC #12588, April 16, 2007, 02:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Just in case I should have a mysterious "accident" in the coming days/weeks, I thought Id better let "Cadillac Database" users know that Ive been put on an assassins "hit list"!

Im assuming this is just a new form of scam to try to make easy money off gullible people, or to scare to death authentic crooks [...of which I am neither].

Here is the eMail [G-Mail] I got yesterday, complete with lousy grammar and spelling.

No flowers please; just make a donation to the CLCs Museum and Resaarch Center.  

Its been nice knowing you!

ATTENTION... This is the only way i could reach you, I Want you be very carefull about this and keep the secret with you untill i make out space  for us to see, You have no need of knowing who i am,where am from,till i make out a space for us to see, i have being paid a ransom in advance to terminate you with some reasons listed to me by my employer,i have followed you closely for one week and five days now and have seen that you are innocent of the accusation,Do not contact the police or try to send a copy of this to them, because if you do i will know, and might be compelled to do what i have being paid to do,besides this is the first time  i turned out to be a betrayer in my job.

Now listen,i will arrange for us to see face to face but before that i need the amount of $30,000.00(part payment) to be paid in to an account i will provide for you,you have nothing to be afraid of,i will come to your home, or you determine where you wish we meet,i repeat do not arrange for the corps,do not set any camera to cover usor set up any tape to record our conversation,my employer is in mycontrol now,after our conversation,i will give you the tape that contains his request for me to terminate you,(i tape recorded our conversation) which will be enough evidence for you to take him to court(if you wish to), then the balance of $10, 000.00 will bepaid to me in cash,beware of  associates reply back at once. danny

UNQUOTE

Naturally, I replied to "Danny" and invited him to rearrange the letters "KOFCUFF" to form a common, two-word, anglo-saxon injunction and invitation to "go away"!

Richard Sills - CLC #936

I received an identical e-mail.  I am glad to know that I am in good company.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

One thing you should NEVER do is respond to an email like that.  Now the sender knows that your address is a good one and hes got it!  You may well find yourself on all sorts of scam and phishing lists after that.

Richard Sills - CLC #936

I agree with that advice.  There is nothing to be gained from responding to crackpots.

john fotakis CLC#23436

Hi all. Maybe those generous Nigerians can deposit their overflowing wads of cash into the hitmens bank accounts and then everyone will be happy.  [ hang on a tick, theres a knock at the door! ]

joe

Whose at the dor....Danny or da Corps?

Jack Frank

My name is Jack and Im looking for information on the Cadillac Le Mans roadster that on May 14, 1985, that was reportedly destroyed in a warehouse fire (with some other rare collectible cars) in Pleasanton, CA; Mr. John Crowell still has some cosmetic parts off it, How can I get in contact with Mr. Crowell, and I would like more photoes and info on the 1954 Cadillac Le Mans roadster #4 that was remodified in 1959. I have seen and read all in the Cadillac Database, Thank you for any help, I have seen the red colored copycat Le Mans that was built is now in northern California its not vary good at all and has alot of rust inside, my goale is to make a really nice re-creation of the #4 1959 model car or the #1, I can do a great job inside and out on it, the hardest part of the car for me is the Dash ......... Jack

G. Nolan

They figure if you got Cadillacs you got money. We all know a Cadillac puts you in a different league !!!!!! GN CLC #21466

Charles D. Barnette #1465

Dear Mr. Frank,I do not understand why your inquiry on the 53 LeMans appears in this thread about what I consider to be criminal scams that should be turned over to Prosecuting Attorneys; but I am going to assume you are serious about building the 53 LeMans. If so you should obtain as quickly as possible a copy of GMs Motorama by David Temple published by Motorbooks in 2006. There are pictures there never before seen regarding the four LeMans that would be helpful to you. You might even decide to build your version stock and paint it black like Harley Earl did with LeMans #2. GM already owns the 59 version of LeMans #4. It is shown often. What we need is a good stock version for the public to see. Charles D. Barnette

Jack Frank

Thank you vary much, and this is not a scam, I have been studing about thease cars for a wile and found your names in the CLC photos area with the LeMans infos, did a search and ended up here, I can build the #2 and it will look dead on perfict, I will try and get the book, again thank you for your time, do contact me Im in Southern Ca. my shop is cald Jack Rods my email is Plummoparcrazy@yahoo.com

Thanks for the Web link, Johnny. It didnt take me 2 seconds to figure out this was a money scam. I know one shouldnt answer these "phishermen" but I get a kick, now and again, just telling them (VERY IMPOLITELY) where to shove their scam!

In 2005, I had a lot of fun leading on more than a hundred of the "Nigeria 419" scammers. In less than a year I had been offered by them around 20-30percent of a zillion dollars! BTW, I got my first "Nigerian Government" letter [hard copy in those days] back in 1981-82, so Ive been aware of the "problem" for 25 years.

What is sad is that, unfortunately, hundreds of people [all idiots or morons IMHO] continue to be blinded by their own greed and to actually fall into the trap (I think 60 Minutes" did a "special" on that problem about a month ago). Sadder still is that in this day and age we dont have the means to track down those swine and whup them on the public square!

Mark you, as soon as you stop responding, there is a definite downturn in the number of these Mail scams ...which tends to prove there as a central "colletion agency" that distributes your eMail address to these jokers.  Thats why I have THREE eMail addresses (one for "scammers" and "phishermen", one for Cadillac stuff and home affairs and one for family and friends only).

Johnny

Yann, like yourself from time to time, I have corresponded with these "Nigeria 419" scammers, just to see how long I can keep it "alive".  When it reaches the point where they ask for name and personal information, I respond with this information.

Herman Munster
1313 Mocking Bird Lane
Death Valley, California

I will make up some phony Bank name such as 1st Fudpucker Bank.

Its hysterical when they send back all types of legal documents with the name Herman Munster.

I often wonder how many folks really fall for these scams.

Too many, Im afraid. Google on "Nigeria 419" for some interesting statistics as well as reports from folks like you and me who like to "tease" these scammers.

OK guys, back to Cadillacs!

Johnny

As Yann said time to get back to Cadillacs, but hopefully this litte thread has made those that werent aware to all the scams that are out there on the Internet.  Remember the old saying "If its too god to be true, it usually isnt"