News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hillcrest Motors, Beverly Hills, CA

Started by Mike Josephic #3877, April 17, 2007, 12:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Josephic #3877

Does anybody out there have the complete address and period phone number (50s - 60s) for these guys? I would really
appreciate any info.  Mike Josephic

Tom Hall 7485

9230 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills 12, California.  Sorry, I dont collect the phone numbers.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

FLeetwood 8-1216 (that may not have been their number, but it would have been a good one).

Mike Josephic #3877

Guys:

Much appreciate the info -- but if thats not the "real"
phone number does anyone have those records they could
share?  May seem silly, but Im trying to tie up some
loose ends to autheticate my car.  

Thanks,  Mike

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Hey Mike, what are you going to do, call them up & ask questions? LOL, Bob

Mike Josephic #3877

Thanks for your wisdom.  No -- Im trying to replicate some
documents and trivia for my car.  Surprised at your
lack of courtesy and your cute response.  Ive helped
many people on this forum for years.  Mike

Jerry

Mike

Perhaps you can contact the LA or Beverly Hills library and ask them to look it up in an old City Directory.  They are usually in the Reference Section.  The City Directories are pretty interesting and I think that they include commercial businesses in addition to residential info.  

A few years back I was researching one of my cars and was able to find out some good info on the original owners.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Often two people can read the same thing and get different impressions, Mike.  I took Bobs post as just trying to be funny. Since you had asked for a "period phone number", Im willing to bet he didnt think you were planning to call them for a service appointment. While Ive got you, Ill take the opportunity to tell you that I have learned a lot from your many articles in the Self Starter over the years.
Thanks for writing them.

Tom Hall 7485

If its a window sticker youre making, they didnt usually show the phone number of the dealer, at least for cars of the 1970s and more recent.  Locally prepared window stickers (showing dealer-installed options) might or might not have shown a phone number, depending on store policy.

The L.A. Public Library does have a good selection of old phone directories on the lowest level of the building.

Thomas

Maybe go to a library and look for newspapers in the microfilm section form the area. You can probably find a newspaper add from the month and year you are interested in.

It was interesting to go read the local paper around December 1941 while helping my son research the Pearl Harbor attack. Been meaning to go back and check out the coverage in the NY times during the Pacific campaign.

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Thanks Rusty. Mike, Rustys understanding of my post was correct. I just couldnt resist a little "fun" Sorry you took it the wrong way... Bob

Mike Josephic #3877

Thanks Rusty.  Nice to hear that you enjoyed the articles.  I have a few more "in the hopper" as it where so you might be seeing some more later this year.  They take alot of time to write (weeks).

Also, thanks to the rest of you for your ideas.  The car
is a 1955 Eldorado and Hillcrest went out of business in
the 70s so its tough to find information.  Bob -- sorry
I took your message wrong. :)  Mike

Porter

Bob,

If you want to crack jokes come on down to the Modified Chapter, we enjoy and encourage that type of behavior over there.

Hows the weather in sunny California, we still have snow in Maine and just had some really bad flooding. Too much H2O within a 24 hour time span , all at once with no place to go fast enough. Some severely washed out roads.

Still better than a drought though. Will hit 60 degrees this weekend.

Porter

Mike Josephic #3877

Tom:

Thanks very much for your suggestion.  I talked (via E-Mail)
to the Beverly Hills library and they were kind enough to
send me copies of alot of period stuff -- newspaper articles,
yellow pages ads,etc.  You had a good idea!!

Mike Josephic

gmaslow

This just showed up on Ebay, might be of interest - has a phone number for Hillcrest on the back....

HILLCREST MOTORS BEVERLY HILLS SUPER RARE!!! MINT COND    Item number: 320111246871   
George Maslow CLC#3739

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Quote from: gmaslow on May 05, 2007, 10:11:45 PM
This just showed up on Ebay, might be of interest - has a phone number for Hillcrest on the back....

HILLCREST MOTORS BEVERLY HILLS SUPER RARE!!! MINT COND    Item number: 320111246871   

Thanks much for taking the trouble to reply.  I know this guy, he's in the business of
reproducing period leather parts.  He made a few of these for me after I gave him the
information (address, phone, etc).  Well worth it if you need one for your car.  Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Doug scarrow CLC#22309

I have a Cadillac key that has Hillcrest Motors on the back and the phone # is Crestview 6-1047