News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

75 Eldorado Wheels

Started by Sonny Calhoun, April 17, 2007, 12:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny Calhoun

Do anyone have any idea if aluminum wheels were an option on the 1975 model?  I am looking at a very rough 75 to buy as a parts car.  It has aluminum wheels that appear similar to a wire wheel with caddy spinners and the owner of the car is saying that they were optional, not aftermarket.  Nice looking wheels but I have never seen any like them.  I have numerous 71 through 76 convertibles and they all have steel wheels with hubcaps.  Does anyone know who might?  The seller wants too much for the car unless they are original.

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

No optional wheels were available on the 1971-1978 Eldorado, or the 1967-1970, for that matter.  The wheels are aftermarket.  The seller doesnt know that or is lying to you.

68 & 77 Eldorados

TJ H 20664

You do see them on ebay on cars and seperate from time to time, I think there is a set or two on there now.  I have seen them go for as little as $500 and a couple of sets over $1000. I dont think they ever were a factory option but there are enough of them out there that they may have been a dealer option.

Do you like the look of the wheels?  May be worth buying just for the wheels if you like the look of them.  How much they want for the car?  Other good parts?  I am looking for decent red interior parts.

TJ H
StPaul/Mpls MN USA
73 Eldo convert(s)
75 Eldo
78 CDV

Sonny Calhoun

Thanks for confirming my doubt.  I thought they were aftermarket.  They look great.  Maybe I will put them on one of my drivers.

Sonny Calhoun

The wheels are very nice looking.  They are aluminum with a small wire like area, about 1.5 and three prong spinners with a crest in the middle.  

I have a 75 with tan interior I will be parting out and possible a 75 with a red interior if I buy the car in question.  The seats in the red one have been recovered in genuine naugahide (sp?).  Most of the panels are good.  I might swap some good parts off the potential car and dump it.  I will keep your address and let you know.

Thanks for your response.

Sonny Calhoun
sonnycalhoun@bellsouth.net