News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Warren Cadillac Minnesota dealership 1940s-50s

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, April 18, 2007, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Maltby 4194

Anybody know anything about this dealership, as my 49 fastback was sold there when new, along with my folks living 2 blocks from them in 1949.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffo 49er chapter :<)

Tom Hall 7485

Warren Cadillac, Inc. was run by a Mr. H. E. Warren when your car as sold there.  It was at 14th Street and Nicollet in Minneapolis.  It was not only a retailer, but was also a distributor.  Not sure of the opening or closing dates.  Sometime during their operation they moved over to Wayzata Blvd.  I dont know the start or finish dates.  Anderson Cadllac, Inc. replaced them by 1986.

What is "Golden Valley"?

TJ H 20664

Plymouth, St Louis Park, & Golden Valley are all within blocks of each other in the area of Anderson Cadillac, which I think has recently been bought by one of the larger dealers in the area.  I should know I drive by it almost every day but have not had to go there since I sold my 95 Deville.

I think I had an 83 Fleetwood Coupe that came from Anderson when it was new but I dont remember what the location was.

I think Key Cadillac may be the only indy dealer in the metro area now.  For all I know they have been bought out also and just have not changed the name.  I have not done buisness with them since the charged me $60 to change the air filter in my 83 Fleetwood coupe with a 4100.  That wing nut must have took lots of special traning.  The rest of the Cadillac dealers are part of larger groups now just like the rest of the brands.

TJ H
StPaul/Mpls MN USA
73 Eldo convert(s)
75 Eldo
78 CDV

Tom Hall 7485

Anderson is/was at 7400 Wayzata Blvd. in Golden Valley, which is much farther west than the 2nd location of Warren Cadillac, Inc., which was Wayzata at Lyndale. Thanks for helping me sort that out.

TJ H 20664

I remembered to look when I drove by today and Andersons is now part of the Morries group.  The seem to have 17 brands and 22 locations.  All the typical stuff and a few like less typical ones like Maseratti.

Is the rest of the larger US markets the same as here where there are very few indys left?  I think there are 2 or 3 groups that own 75percent of the dealerships in this area.

TJ H
StPaul/Mpls MN USA

Thomas Bredahl

Hmmm..... I'm gonna have to order that build sheet from Cadillac, on my fastback.
Would be fun to see where my Cad was originally delivered to.

Thomas
Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark

gundy03130

Here's a partial photo of the dealership. I found this in my greatuncle's slides.