News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Since were researching dealerships . . .

Started by Chris Cummings, April 20, 2007, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Cummings

How bout Prather Cadillac LaSalle Company, formerly located at Live Oak and Pearl streets in Dallas, Texas?

My 1930 Cadillac Series 4330 sedan was shipped there from the factory.

Does anybody know anyone who worked there, or what became of the dealership (and maybe its records)?  

Ive been trying to trace ownership of my car, and theres a big gap from when the factory send it to Dallas in December 1930 untiil it arrived in Brooklyn around 1945.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Cummings

Jeff Maltby 4194

Hi Chris. Whatever happened to those V-16 engine parts ?

Jeffo 49er chapter :<)

Tod - North TX CLC

Hey Chris -

Someone asked for this information earlier, so I might be repeating myself - Prather became Lone Star Cadillac, which remained downtown until the early 80s, when they moved out of downtown, and finally became Massey Cadillac.

Honest John (Faust) worked at Lone Star for many years, and when they closed the downtown location, he started his obsolete Cadillac parts business.  Look him up in the directory, or on the web (Honest Johns Cadillac Parts in Justin, TX).  He might be able to connect you with some of the information or people that you are looking for.

Good Luck -

Tod