News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 SDV details

Started by Jeffrey Klinner, 19166, April 22, 2007, 06:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey Klinner, 19166

In the many efforts to finalize the last details on my 56 SDV, the exact material for the carpet has come into question.  One provider says that cut pile was factory correct.  I find this terribly hard to believe.  I would expect it to be a loop type carpet.  Can anyone shed light on this for me so I do not have to do this a second or third time.  As well, has anyone found a provider for authentic rubber floor mats for this model year?  

I am ordering my authenticity manual this week!

Jeffrey
1956 Sedan de Ville
1960 Eldorado Biarritz
1991 Brougham dElegance

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

You are right, Jeffrey: according to the 1956 specification manual, the carpet for the Coupe or Sedan de Ville is: "Nylon fine loop pile"

Roger

Doug Houston

To add to that, the carpet has a foam rubber backing. I cant recall seeing anything like it since that time.

Jeffrey Klinner

Hey guys!  Thanks so much for your input.  I thought I was right on this.  Obviously ACC in Anniston doesnt know what they are talking about.  I LOVE this message forum.

Jim Jordan CLC 5374

SMS in Portland Oregon has the exact correct loop carpet with bound edges and all.  I got mine for my 56 Coupe from them and it is a beautiful carpet set..