News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac 1924 V63 motor

Started by Phil Cordery, April 24, 2007, 01:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Cordery

Can anyone help me with an idiots guide , i.e how to set valve & ignition timing on a V63 motor (1924) this car is right hand drive & very difficult to see the flywheel markings behind the steering column, please help, I have a lovely car but am unable to use due to overheating, this car has been totally rebuilt but never run more than 10mins, could possibly have the wrong flywheel , need to know the difference.
My car is a 1923 V61 fitted with a 1924 V63 engine, should have been a good mod in view of the improvments made to the crank etc.

Wayne Womble 12210

I know next to nothing about this particular engine. I do know that the firing orders changed with the V-63. I assume that you are aware of that. I would think that once you locate TDC on the crank shaft pointer, that you could use a dot of paint and mark the front pulley and some point on the block to make it easily seen with a timing light. Dykes manual list these specifications.

Intake valve opens   TDC
Intake closed      46 deg. 40 min. after  TDC

Exhaust opens      46-40` before TDC
Exhaust valve closes  TDC

Retard occures     2 before TDC

Advance occures    22 before  TDC

Firing order     14638752