News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Conversion complete!

Started by Jeff Hansen, April 28, 2007, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen

OK, folks, the conversion to the new software is complete. 

All posts in General Discussion and Tech/Authenticity from the old forum have been moved over here.  The Buy/Sell has been pared down so only the most recent six months of posts were moved.  I have wiped the Suggestion forum clean as most suggestions were for features that we now have with this software.

We have also added a Help forum where you can ask questions about the software and get help on getting around.  This will hopefully keep the other forums to Cadillac/LaSalle related topics.  The 'Help' link toward the top of the page has good information about the basics of making posts and moving around.

Have fun using the new forum! 

8)
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Bill Gauch #23121

Looks good. Registration worked great, although the verification code only changed backgrounds when I hit the request new code link. That may be its correct functioning, but just figured I would say it. All around, I would say good work! Thanks for the successful effort.

One other thing, I noticed on the Account Modification page, for password it says "For best security, you should use six or more", but when I registered I was forced to use eight. Should be trivial to change the text. :)
WANTED: Nothing right now.

- 1938 Series 65 - 4-door sedan - Restoration (slowly) ongoing

http://38caddy.blogspot.com/

David #19063

Thanks for your hard work, Jeff!
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

RAMcGrew

Quote from: Jeff Hansen on April 28, 2007, 11:07:54 PM

All posts in General Discussion and Tech/Authenticity from the old forum have been moved over here.  The Buy/Sell has been pared down so only the most recent six months of posts were moved.  I have wiped the Suggestion forum clean as most suggestions were for features that we now have with this software.

We have also added a Help forum where you can ask questions about the software and get help on getting around.  This will hopefully keep the other forums to Cadillac/LaSalle related topics.  The 'Help' link toward the top of the page has good information about the basics of making posts and moving around.

8)

Thanks, Jeff!!!

I love it.  And it is going to be a huge difference.  I have been impressed with the ease of use for this software for over a year now.  I am glad you chose it. 

Thank you again.
;D
Randall A. McGrew
Denver, CO 80231

1956 Cadillac 6219 Sedans  daily driver  12 - 16 mpg on reg gas

"You Can Kill a Horse but not a Cadillac! "  Old 1909 Cadillac Ad

"The voice of the majority is no proof of Justice!"  and "Against Stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain!"

J. Friedrich Christoph Von Schiller (1759-1805)

Qaanik

It looks great! Love the much more modern look and user-friendly features!

Peter CLC #19666

;D
1959 Coupe DeVille
1972 Coupe DeVille

Mike Welch

Mike Welch
The Original 63 & 64 Cadillac Community
Serving 63 & 64 Enthusiasts SINCE 2000
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Cadillac_6364_club/

Art Director

Jeff, you rock! The last software wasn't difficult at all to use, but this forum software is like upgrading to a Cadillac. 'Nuff said.

Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

veesixteen

Great stuff, Jeff.  One question: under the old system was the (useful) option "View New Posts". By clicking there, all new posts in ALL forum sections got listed.  Is that feature still available? Did I miss it?
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

veesixteen

One other thing, Jeff:  the "local time" on my "profile" is off by four hours.  At 5 a.m., local time, the actual listed time is 9 a.m. ???
I'm also removing my mug-shot; some of these "User Info" photos are distorted ...and I'm FAT enough as it is !
Take care.

Quote from: Jeff Hansen on April 28, 2007, 11:07:54 PM

8)

Jeff Hansen

Quote from: veesixteen on May 01, 2007, 05:52:38 AM

One other thing, Jeff:  the "local time" on my "profile" is off by four hours.  At 5 a.m., local time, the actual listed time is 9 a.m. ???

Yann,

That can be adjusted for each user.  Here's how:

Login and then click on the Profile link.  On the next screen, down the left side of the page, there is a link called Look and Layout Preferences.  Click that.  Once in that screen, there is a field called Time offset.  That is where you adjust the time off of GMT.  There is an auto detect link if you want to let the PC try to select the correct offset for you.  You can override what it selects.

Let me know if this is still in issue for you after trying the above.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

veesixteen

Done, Jeff. That was easy. Thanks.

Quote from: Jeff Hansen on May 01, 2007, 09:35:52 AM
Quote from: veesixteen on May 01, 2007, 05:52:38 AM

Yann,

That can be adjusted for each user.  Here's how:

Login and then click on the Profile link.  On the next screen, down the left side of the page, there is a link called Look and Layout Preferences.  Click that.  Once in that screen, there is a field called Time offset.  That is where you adjust the time off of GMT.  There is an auto detect link if you want to let the PC try to select the correct offset for you.  You can override what it selects.

Let me know if this is still in issue for you after trying the above.

Jeff