News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

37 caddy hood installation tips???

Started by harvey b, May 05, 2007, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey b

on my 37 caddy,have stearted to reassemble all the painted peices,anyone installed the hood on one of these?have the 4 peices painted in base/clear black,dont want to scratch them when putting them back on.whats the best waY to do it,assemble all 4 and put in 1 peice.or put center strip in first and slide each side in seperatly?.i never took the hood off of this car and am not sure what to do,i dont want to scratc or chip it.  thanks Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

harry s

Harvey, I would assemble it first, then tape the surrounding area (cowl, radiator support, senders, etc). If the hood was not fitted prior to painting I would measure to be sure it will fit properly and then with the help  of another person set it into place. I attached mine in the back first and then assembled the front attaching bracket and hood ornament.  Good Luck.
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum