News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Door handle spring in 47 door latch

Started by Dave Leger CLC #19256, May 05, 2007, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Leger CLC #19256

I found that someone had tried to force the door on my 47.  They broke the flat coiled spring that keeps the door handle up (horizontal).  A friend has a 41 door latch we think will work to replace mine.  Does anyone knows of a replacement for the broken spring itself?  It would be nice to be able to repair the original latch mechanism as a spare.

Dave
Dave Leger     1947 6207 Club Coupe

John Morris #23947

I have hundreds of coiled door handle springs from the 20s-40s, all nos, all unidentified! If you can send a picture next to a ruler I can match you up a new one. John Morris.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

Dave Leger CLC #19256

Thanks John - I think I found one locally here, but if that doesn't work out, I'll send you a photo next to a ruler.  I appreciate the offer!

Dave Leger     1947 6207 Club Coupe