News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where in New York was Gehrhardt-Daly Cadillac, Inc?

Started by Tom Hall 7485, May 07, 2007, 03:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Hall 7485

This was Brooklyn/White Plains/Scarsdale/Yonkers area, I think.  Is the name familiar to anyone?  This dealership was active in the 1970s.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

Dennis DiNorcia #19071

It was definatelay in Brooklyn but I can't recall where. There were at lease 5-7 Cadillac dealers at one time in Brooklyn. The Ones I remember were Balmer, Gerhardt-Daly, Trans-Union, Crest, Alpine and the rest I don't recall.

Tom Hall 7485

Thanks very much for your recollections.  Balmer and Alpine I have.  Crest I am not familiar with.  ???  Trans-Union I haven't heard of as a Cadillac outlet.  Do you mean Tri-star? 

The factory also had a couple of stores of its own in Brooklyn; one became Kristal on Kings Highway and the other was on Flatbush Avenue but was closed in the 1960s.

Dennis DiNorcia #19071

Crest Cadillac and Trans-Union were small dealers that worked out of small lots in Brooklyn. Crest Cadillac was on 18th Avenue and around 89th Street. Trans-Union was on 18th Avenue and 56th Street. I worked for Trans-union for a while. He later merged with Crest Cadillac. I haven't been there since I moved to New Jersey in 1997 so I do not know if Crest is still there.

Tom Hall 7485

Cadillac's web site shows only Alpine and Kristal in Brooklyn, so I think Crest is history.   :'( 
Thanks for your help.  (I know of two Gold Coasts.  One is on the north shore of Long Island and the other is a section of Chicago.  I didn't think to look in New Jersey for a Gold Coast. :o)

Marilyn (G-D Cadillac)

Gehrhardt Daly was located at 5200 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY - it was later bought by Kristal Cadillac. I worked there from 1972 to 1980.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi,
This topic is 15 YEARS old!! The OP hasn't been on here in  7 months. You're a little late.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

35-709

;D  Anyway, welcome to the CLC forums, Marilyn.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

wrench

I have a 71 year old car, on a relative scale, a 15 year old topic is a whippersnapper.

I found the additional information to be relevant to the forum's stated purpose.

Thanks!
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX