News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

what is this part

Started by Brett, May 09, 2007, 10:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett

Anyone know what this part is? It came off my 71 Fleetwood and I don't know where it belongs.

Thanks!

David #19063

I do not know, but would be interested to find out.

I took the same part off my '71 Buick Electra and always wondered what it was.

It is bolted to the carb and there is a connector that plugs into it.
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

bill henry

looks like the TCS  "transmission controlled spark"module . it only lets you have vacuum advance when the trans is in high gear.  it is an early pollution control device.
Bill Henry

David #19063

Thanks Bill.

So in actuallity, one would be better to not use the part?
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

bill henry

yes you can certainly do without it .unless you live in one of those communist states where a vehicle must have all pollution control devices intact to pass inspection. like my home state of pennsylvania
Bill Henry

Brett

Quote from: bill henry on May 09, 2007, 11:19:40 PM
yes you can certainly do without it .unless you live in one of those communist states where a vehicle must have all pollution control devices intact to pass inspection. like my home state of pennsylvania

?? I thought California (where I live) was as communist as they come. On smog exempt (75 and later) vehicles they do not check for anything..

bill henry

welcome to govener ED"MR.CHAIRMAN "RENDELLS peoples republic of pa. see the thread in general disscussion to see what they are going to ram up our pipes next. ps, al lvehichles 1968 and newer in pa must have all pollution control equipment intact for inspection.
Bill Henry