News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Authenticity manual

Started by Mona Marsh, May 13, 2007, 03:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mona Marsh

:-\  Does the CLC authenticity manual include the information available from the GM Heritage Center regarding the 1941 Cadillac series 62 style 6227D?  Would like to hear from someone who as received and reviewed both.  Mona member #23675. Thx.
M Marsh #23675
monalmm@q.com

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi Mona, The Authenticity manual does not duplicate what you get from the Heritage Center. They are two separate groups of information. The Heritage Center sends the build sheet, and any information they have been able to duplicate from their files. This will depend on what they have for different years. The Authenticity manual advises what color items are to be painted, placement of decals, and other matters enableing you to restore your car to near factory specifications. I say "near" as none of us know everything about the cars. Both will be handy to have. Also, I would suggest a Master Parts List from Crank-N-Hope, to make sure you are purchasing items that will fit your car. For instance, in 1941, there were three different center hood strips, and three different types of front and rear fenders. Good luck. I also invite you to join the 1941 Chapter of the Club which I edit. I have a few copies left of the current issue which is the first half of 2007. $10.00 per year. You can get my address from the Directory, both in the IN listing and the Past President's listing. Or click on my name and e-mail me.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Mona Marsh

Thank you for your rapid response.  I will be ordering information from both.  I was not aware of a club for the '41 Cad.  Tell me more.
M Marsh #23675
monalmm@q.com