News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Question on radiators

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, May 13, 2007, 12:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I have a 57 GM car with factory AC. The original radiator was a 3 row. The size of the tubes were  fairly small. The radiator core  was replaced with a 2 row, but the tube size is larger. How does the cooling capacity compare to the 3 row? Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Nasser Almasary

Bob:
  The main factor for radiators to radiate heat is how many square inchs of the vertical tubes exposed to air (wind). Large cross section tubes, which run allot of water but not much exposure to air, would not radiate as much as multiple smaller cross section tubes. So, determine the cross section of the tubes on each radiator and you would answer your question. Other factors are thickness of the tubes' metal, shape of the cross section (round, rectanglular ...etc), hight of the tubes, volume of the air, and material to name a few. I hope I didnt complicated things. Happy motoring.
Nasser,
1939 60 special
1947 convertible
1972 Eldorado convertible