News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'37- A hansom beast.

Started by Ty Stinson, May 22, 2007, 11:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty Stinson

I have noticed more interest in the '37 lately. At least four are being completely restored and other owners are looking for parts. Glad to see this trend because the interest contributes to our search for parts and answers to questions some of us have not even gotten to yet. I'm getting more and more attached to my own. It would be a great contribution to the CLC and its members, if this current effort could be combined into a manual for the '37. I have seen some of these outstanding photos and if they could be combined to present work from start to finish with discussion that would be a great new way to share information and expertise.
Ty Stinson
CLC#22330
'37 8519 V12 
Ty Stinson
CLC #22330
'37 Cad 8519

ERIC CLAUSEN

Hi Ty,
I have been working on restoring an engine for my 37 and have discovered several small details partly because
I started with a 37 block and crank shaft, scrounged all the other parts from a tank engine and others.
I found some things were compatable and others not (mostly not). The forum has been extremely helpful.
I just fired up the engine yesterday and made a short movie on "Google videos"
Here is the link.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4239631708505967249&q=1937+cadillac+engine

I'll be putting the engine in the convertible coupé in the next week or two.
Best regards, Eric

Ty Stinson

Hello Eric: Thank you! I can't wait to see it. Just need to find out how to open it so I will ask others in the office today. I've been told my car is a very handsome beast of a car because of its size for just four people. But, it is also one beast of a hansom.....I know 'cause I just checked the dictionary ha, ha.
Ty Stinson
CLC #22330
'37 8519 V12
Ty Stinson
CLC #22330
'37 Cad 8519