News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Taillights for 1950 Series 61

Started by Charles D. Barnette #1495, June 07, 2007, 11:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette #1495

Was the 1948-49 Cadillac taillight used on the 1950 Series 61 Cadillac? Charles D. Barnette

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Yes it was.
would you believe I had to look in four Master Parts Books? Just got throught watching Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader. Folks, they had a History teacher, rocket scientist, and a Chief Financial Officer of a company. All three flunked out. We are in big trouble if this type of people don't know grade school subjects!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Charles D. Barnette #1465

Thanks Bruce for your due diligence. I note that the 50 taillight did not have the back up lens underneath the red taillight lens like 51, 52, and 53. I had forgotten that the back up lenses on the 50 are located near the back bumper separate and apart from the taillight. Charles

Charles D. Barnette #1465

Correction- Thanks Barry. I wonder if the red dome taillight lens used from 48 to 53 had 48 stamped on it like the 54 and 55 lens has 54 stamped on them? Charles