News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Stolen parts on eBay and sad ending to '57 Eldorado #232

Started by Shane, May 23, 2007, 12:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wm Link

Great original  post, granted a little late after 3-4 MONTHS to mitigate any damage. Where was your morality months ago when you stated that YOU KNEW these  parts from #232 were being offered for sale on ebay???  I guess I missed that post here. I otherwise commend your points on general morality so long as, you have established, it does not involve land. At this point... All this frustration is misdirected prematurely before  enforcement apparently has had a chance to conclude their investigation.   I am confident that the detective can handle the investigation.  All those that unknowingly purchased any questionable parts will be contacted and will surrender them, eat the loss, without further preachings of morality as to how you would do things and when.       

Fred Zwicker #23106

:D  Thank you.  Can we get back to our normal discussions about Cadillacs and LaSalles now?

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Shane

There wasn't a post 3-4 months ago because I didn't know 3-4 months ago. His past eBay sales dictated the timeframe. I only found out a fews weeks ago about the investigation. Hence the post. Go read it again.   
And South_Paw, I'll add more info if I get any.
Back to Cadillacs

tozerco

Bob,

I didn't realise you wanted the whole story or that it was particularly relevant but here goes....

The guy I bought my 1937 7513 (one of 15 built worldwide - 6 of which came to Australia CKD and 2 of which seem to now exist) was a famous hoarder - so much so that he had, at the peak, 160 cars!

Yes he was a bit of a nutter (anyone that collects 160 cars has got a problem of SOME dimensions) and, no, he never had the smallest chance of ever doing anything with them. Yes, some of them, including a '36 75 parts car that will help me get my '37 back on the road one day, were left outside and succumbed to a bush fire that left them rusted hulks.

But the right hand drive chassis, steering box and front end were still fine as was the roof that I require for my car.

He could have succumbed to pressure from the local Council driven by the local "do gooder" environmental lobby that wanted to crush them all as "eyesores" but he didn't.

....and I still say I have something to be grateful to him for.

....and had I stolen the car or the '36 parts car I believe I would have done the wrong thing.

Regards,

John Tozer
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533