News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Phaeton

Started by Barry, June 14, 2007, 11:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry

I have seen a couple of pictures of this concept car from 1960. It appears to be a 60 Fleetwood 4-Door Convertible with an "inward folding" top mechanism. Is there a source where any detailed photos can be found? I am fascinated by this car!
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

Rich S

Although I will not be very helpful to you, I do recall that the car you are describing was featured in a monthly issue of the Club's Self-Starter magazine several years ago. The photos revealed a gorgeous automobile, and Cadillac had reportedly toyed with the idea of four-door convertibles upon learning that Lincoln was introducing their's to the marketplace. The car was quite well-done, and the end product was tasteful. I had not recalled that the roof frame was "inward folding--" but this interestingly became a Cadillac feature on the '71 through '76 Eldorado Convertibles. I wish I could be more helpful. :)
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Pete B.

I believe there is a fair amount of information and photographs concerning this car in Roy Schneider's terrific book, "Cadillacs of the Sixties".